LAS VEGAS (January 2020) – The Mob Museum, The National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, announces the release of an engaging new mobile app providing the ultimate guide to the Museum for visitors, in-depth education for those seeking more about the history of the Mob and law enforcement, and an innovative, interactive lookalike feature called Doppelgangster. Using cutting-edge facial recognition technology, the app compares a user’s facial features with a database of more than 800 images spanning from notable heroes, villains, singers, comedians and entertainers—as well as many others from the Mob world—to identify the user’s closest Doppelgangster. Users will discover their match might be anyone from Al Capone to Edie Falco or Ellsworth “Bumpy” Johnson to Lucy Liu—and so many more. Matches can easily be shared on social media using #Doppelgangster.
In addition, the app offers:
- An interactive map of all four floors of the Museum, with the ability for a user to locate themselves within the building in real time.
- A comprehensive list of all exhibits with photos, descriptions of important artifacts in its collection, and their locations within the Museum.
- Self-guided tours which allow users to experience the Museum through a different lens, discovering new artifacts and pockets of history at each stop. “Quick Hits” spotlights the biggest names, the most heinous crimes and the most significant artifacts in a fast-paced, 45-minute tour. Interactive themed tours include “Viva Las Vegas,” which allows guests to explore how Las Vegas, with some help from the Mob, transformed from a desert railroad town into an international tourist destination, while “Selfie Tour” takes guests to the Museum’s most photogenic stops. Users will tap through fascinating insights at each stop, learning along the way.
- Missions, which include “Find Las Vegas Lawbreakers” and “Bring Down the Mob,” encourage visitors to scour the Museum’s exhibitions in search of answers.
- Descriptions of upcoming public programs hosted at The Mob Museum.
- General Museum information, including the option to purchase tickets, hours of operation, donation and membership.
“This app enhances the Museum experience for our guests, allowing them to engage with us before, during and after their visit,” explains Jonathan Ullman, president and chief executive officer, The Mob Museum. “It gives guests new ways to make the most out of their visit while onsite and allows us to build better relationships with people who aren’t physically at the Museum. We now have another option to connect with those who are interested in our content or in our mission of advancing the public’s understanding of organized crime and law enforcement.”
The Mob Museum collaborated with PwC Connected Solutions, Umajin, and SAFR by RealNetworks to create The Mob Museum mobile app.
“The Mob Museum app is a wonderful companion to inform, educate and complement the Museum experience,” said Rob Mesirow, PwC Connected Solutions Leader. “It is a terrific example of how digital technologies augment our physical world.”
The Mob Museum’s app is available for free for Apple and Android devices. For more information about the Museum, please call (702) 229-2734 or visit themobmuseum.org.
ABOUT THE MOB MUSEUM
The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, provides a world-class journey through true stories—from the birth of the Mob to today’s headlines. The Mob Museum offers a provocative, contemporary look at these topics through hundreds of artifacts and immersive storylines. Numerous interactive exhibits include a Crime Lab, Firearm Training Simulator and Organized Crime Today interactive touchscreen wall, as well as The Underground, a basement-level Prohibition history exhibition featuring a speakeasy and distillery sponsored by Zappos. Since opening in 2012, The Mob Museum has accumulated numerous accolades, including being named one of TripAdvisor’s “Top 25 U.S. Museums,” one of Las Vegas Weekly’s “Twenty Greatest Attractions in Las Vegas History,” one of National Geographic’s “Top 10 Things to Do in Las Vegas,” one of “5 Museums for True-Crime Enthusiasts to Visit” by Oxygen.com, ” USA Today’s “Best Museum in Nevada” and one of its “12 Can’t Miss U.S. Museum Exhibits,” “A Must for Travelers” by The New York Times and one of “20 Places Every American Should See” by Fox News and Budget Travel magazine. The Museum is a two-time winner of the Mayor’s Urban Design Award for Historic Preservation and Adaptive Reuse and is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The Museum is open daily; visit the website for ticket prices and up-to-date operating hours. For more information, call (702) 229-2734 or visit themobmuseum.org. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/themobmuseum, Twitter @themobmuseum or Instagram @themobmuseum.
ABOUT PwC CONNECTED SOLUTIONS
If only you could solve everyday problems—smarter and faster. Now you can. PwC’s IoT-powered Connected Solutions make everyday business items smart to enhance customer experience, provide cost-savings, decrease energy waste and improve information security.
SAFR from RealNetworks is the world’s foremost facial recognition platform for live video. With exceptional accuracy tuned for rapid performance, the computer vision solution instantly detects and matches millions of faces under the challenging real-world conditions presented by live video: faces in motion, at varying angles, under poor lighting or partially obscured. SAFR’s flexible, powerful solutions bring visual intelligence to the edge, tapping the power of AI and deep learning to improve safety, increase convenience and deepen personalization in everyday living.