THE MOB MUSEUM HOSTS NEVADA DAY COMMUNITY CELEBRATION
LAS VEGAS (October 2022) – On Oct. 28, from 10 a.m-2 p.m. The Mob Museum, National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, will host Nevada Day at The Mob Museum, a free, family-friendly community event in partnership with first responders and public resource providers.
Held in the Museum’s new outdoor Event Plaza, guests are invited to learn about Nevada’s rich history and the positive impact various organizations have throughout our community. An event for all, families are encouraged to come out to enjoy live music, games, giveaways, trick-or-treating at vendor booths (costumes are welcome), food and drinks and other interactive activities. This event is free for all. To show appreciation for all locals, museum-goers with a Nevada ID will receive buy-one-get-one Museum admission that day, and all children 10 and under are free.
Kick off the celebration by testing your Nevada history knowledge with The Mob Museum. Step up and spin the Nevada trivia wheel at the Museum’s booth; answer the question correctly, and you might just walk away with a prize.
A comprehensive list of vendors and their activations include:
- The Center – Information on programming and swag giveaways.
- Clark County School District Police – CCSD officers will be on site with their team dog Oreo to discuss school safety.
- Clay Arts Café – Kids are invited to create seed bombs (balls of clay filled with native wildflower seeds) that can be planted to grow.
- Community Ambulance – Explore an ambulance to get a firsthand look at an emergency medical service provider’s resources.
- FBI Las Vegas – The FBI Las Vegas field office will showcase new technologies, including the Evidence Response Team’s drone and the FBI Bomb Tech’s robot.
- Future Makers – With the young entrepreneur’s program, kids are invited to get crafty and paint pumpkins or create glow-in-the-dark slime.
- Heaven Can Wait Animal Society – The animal society’s Pups on Parole program will bring 1-2 adoptable pets and provide information on microchipping and other pet safety topics.
- Las Vegas Fire & Rescue – Hop into the front seat of a fire engine to experience firefighting firsthand.
- Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) – LVMPD will be onsite to discuss community safety and Halloween trick-or-treating safety tips.
- LVMPD Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) Explorers – The department’s explorer program will host a fingerprinting demonstration and discuss CSI activities through a mock crime scene demonstration.
- Nevada Child Seekers – The nonprofit will provide materials to assist in keeping the children in our community safe and resources to create a child identification card.
- Regional Transportation Center (RTC) – The RTC will be promoting its services and programming while distributing giveaway items like a limited supply of bike helmets and other safety equipment.
- Safe Nest – Safe Nest will have materials to help spread awareness about their resources for victims of domestic violence.
- United States Marshals – The U.S. Marshals Service will be onsite to discuss their role in the criminal justice system as those that are responsible for fugitive operations and the witness protection program.
- Vitalant – To help combat the nationwide blood shortage, Vitalant will be on sight hosting a blood drive for eligible adults who are willing to help their community members.
ABOUT THE MOB MUSEUM
The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, provides a world-class journey through true stories—from the birth of the Mob to today’s headlines. The Mob Museum offers a provocative, contemporary look at these topics through hundreds of artifacts and immersive storylines. Numerous interactive exhibits include a Crime Lab, Firearm Training Simulator and Organized Crime Today exhibit. The Museum is also home to ,The Underground, a Prohibition history exhibition featuring a speakeasy and distillery. The Mob Museum has accumulated numerous accolades, including being named one of TripAdvisor’s “Top 25 U.S. Museums;” one of Las Vegas Weekly’s “Twenty Greatest Attractions in Las Vegas History” and “Best Museum” by its 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards; one of National Geographic’s “Top 10 Things to Do in Las Vegas;” USA Today’s “Best Museum in Nevada,” 10Best Readers’ Choice travel awards for “Best Las Vegas Attraction” in 2021, “Top Five Best History Museums in the United States” in 2021 and one of its “12 Can’t Miss U.S. Museum Exhibits;” named “A Must for Travelers” by The New York Times and one of “20 Places Every American Should See” by FOX News. The Museum is a two-time winner of the Mayor’s Urban Design Award for Historic Preservation and Adaptive Reuse and is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The Museum is open daily; visit the website for admission rates and operating hours. For more information, call (702) 229-2734, visit themobmuseum.org, or download the Museum’s free mobile app.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Vanessa Thill/Erika Pope
The Vox Agency
(469) 226-4723, (702) 249-2977