To advance the public understanding of organized crime’s history and impact on American society.
Key tenets of this mission include:
- Operating as a financially independent and self-sustaining organization that contributes to the growth and vibrancy of downtown Las Vegas.
- Providing accurate storytelling that portrays the roots and evolution of organized crime in America, in an authentic and entertaining manner.
- Creating dynamic and interactive experiences that explore the criminal justice system’s efforts and innovations in the fight against organized crime.
- Engaging diverse audiences in discourse about social conditions, individual choices and consequences, contemporary issues, and other topics that relate to organized crime.
- Preserving artifacts, objects, and digital records that serve as educational resources, connecting both the academic community and the general public to people and events of historical significance.
- Honoring the accomplishments of law enforcement by celebrating acts of perseverance and heroism in combatting organized crime.