This phone booth stood inside the Four Deuces, a saloon, brothel and gambling joint named after its address, 2222 S. Wabash Avenue, south of downtown Chicago. The Four Deuces was the headquarters of the Chicago Outfit, run by Johnny Torrio and his protégé, Al Capone, in the early 1920s. Torrio assigned Capone as manager and enforcer at the Four Deuces. By 1931, the Four Deuces had been the site of 12 unsolved gangland murders. The building was demolished in 1966, but the phone booth was preserved.