September 23: Fighting Organized Crime in the 21st Century. A Courtroom Conversation.
CYBERCRIME * HUMAN TRAFFICKING * IDENTITY THEFT
- Russian and Asian computer hackers break into U.S. government systems
- Mexican drug cartels grow more violent along our nation’s southern borders
- Italian Mafia expansion draws papal condemnations
- Asia, Africa, Europe – human trafficking reaches all corners of the globe
A panel of national and regional experts on global organized crime will share their informed perspectives from the front lines of this worldwide battle.
- What rackets attract international organized crime?
- Who’s winning this war?
- What can we do to protect ourselves?
- How does the global reach of organized crime affect Las Vegas today?
Geoff Schumacher, director of content at the Museum, will moderate the event.