September 15: “Last Don Standing” book signing
Wiseguy Speaker Series & Book Signing with Larry McShane, author of Last Don Standing
In his new book, Last Don Standing, New York Daily News reporter Larry McShane chronicles the deadly reign of Ralph Natale, the last great Mob boss of Philadelphia and the first Mob boss to turn state’s evidence. Written with the full cooperation of Natale, it’s a tale that covers more than half a century of Mob lore and provides a number of stunning, insider revelations about some of the most landmark events in Mob history, including Jimmy Hoffa’s disappearance, the murder of Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel and the Mob’s influence in Atlantic City.
McShane’s presentation will take a deep dive into the workings of the Philadelphia Mob during Natale’s era, providing an informative complement to a book that is a must-read for Mob history enthusiasts.
During his author talk, McShane will:
- Read excerpts from Natale’s handwritten prison diary about life in the Mob.
- Share details on the murder of Angelo Bruno.
- Relate Natale’s story about how the Mob fixed the Ali-Liston fight.
- Talk about Natale’s relationship with Jimmy Hoffa.
- Discuss Natale’s take on the Mafia and drug dealing.
- Provide an overview of the Philadelphia Mob today.
Also on September 15, 2017, McShane will sign copies of Last Don Standing from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Museum’s retail store. There is no cost to enter the retail store.