Free Live Music in The Underground in September
Join us for live music in The Underground speakeasy and distillery at The Mob Museum in September. Find the weekly password in The Underground’s Instagram Stories for free admission to the speakeasy located in the basement of The Mob Museum! Must be 21+ to attend.
Entertainment lineup for September (Friday-Saturday: 8 p.m. to Midnight, Sunday: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
- Friday, September 1, 2023 | Red Penny Arcade
- Saturday, September 2, 2023 | Colte Julian and the Sidecars
- Sunday, September 3, 2023 | The Volsteads
- Friday, September 8, 2023 | The Syn-Phonics
- Sunday, September 10, 2023 | Dixie Flats
- Friday, September 15, 2023 | The Syn-Phonics
- Saturday, September 16, 2023 | Colte Julian and the Sidecars
- Sunday, September 17, 2023 | Nieve Malandra
- Friday, September 22, 2023 | Michael Ross Nugent
- Saturday, September 23, 2023 | The Volsteads
- Sunday, September 24, 2023 | The Souvenairs
- Friday, September 29, 2023 | Colte Julian and The Sidecars
ABOUT OUR PERFORMERS
- The Volsteads, with an emphasis on jump blues, The Volsteads harken back to the risqué rhythms of the 1940s and ‘50s. The lineup of musicians and contemporary expression breathes life into swing and jazz standards.
- The Syn-Phonics are an innovative jazz band delivering a modern, soul-infused taste of the 1920s and ‘30s Jazz Age.
- Colte Julian and The Sidecars, a dynamic piano-showman, performs unique jazz renditions of classics along with his band.
- Michael Ross Nugent and his top-of-the-line trio provide a truly authentic sound reminiscent of the 1920s and ’30s.
- Red Penny Arcade is a dynamic quartet that delivers a wide range of popular music from every era and genre in styles spanning the 1920s, ‘30s and ‘40s.
- The Souvenairs are a four-piece group performing classics from The Great American Songbook. From hot, up-tempo swing jazz ballads and beyond, the band provides a diverse program of music for all audiences.
- Nieve Malandra delivers a fresh mix of international styles from the Jazz Era and The Great American Songbook, singing in five languages to appeal to an eclectic audience.
- Dixie Flats, a seven-piece group, is a local band specializing in traditional jazz, Dixieland, Depression-era blues, and other music inspired by the culture and traditions of New Orleans, Louisiana