December 5: The Mob Museum to celebrate 4th Annual Repeal Day
$45.95 General Admission ticket
10% discount for Museum Members
Great food provided by Relish catering
Let’s hear it for the booze
Join The Mob Museum on Saturday, December 5, 2015, as we raise a glass in celebration of a day in history that’s near and dear to everyone’s heart: The Repeal of Prohibition!
December 5th we’re gonna party like it’s 1933.
Headlining activities will be Mayor Carolyn Goodman, former Mayor Oscar B. Goodman and noted attorney, author and speaker Dayvid Figler.
For the Head Honchos (VIP)
A VIP Party experience—No password necessary. Swing into the joint with your dancing shoes on and your hats securely pinned and be ready to sample the best hooch from downtown’s classiest bars. Head Honchos will party with the guys and gals and be treated like a VIP all night long. Did we mention an open bar?
As a VIP at our Repeal Day party, you have some special perks awaiting you. Be sure to arrive at the Museum at 6 p.m. and receive:
- VIP access to the Boss of the Bars tent, where you will be invited to sample each bar’s Prohibition-era cocktail
- Tray-passed hors d’oeuvres from Relish catering until 7 p.m. in the tent
- ‘20s tunes from DJ88 to send you back in time
- Early access to pre-register in the costume contest
- After sampling each bar’s Prohibition-cocktail, VIPs vote for the “People’s Choice” award before 7 p.m.
- A free Repeal Day martini glass or mug when you have danced your last dance and finished your last drink
- And, of course, you have access to the Museum’s booze until 10 p.m.
VIP ticket includes open bar and great food! 10% discount for Museum Members.
For all the Guys and Gals (General Admission)
The booze will be flowin’ and the cabaret band will be hoppin’ so wear your dancin’ shoes. We’ll serve the finest Prohibition-era cocktails in town, so come thirsty! General admission tickets include two drink tickets and food.
General admission includes two drink tickets and great food! 10% discount for Museum Members.
Prizes will be awarded to the best-dressed guys and gals so be sure to get dolled up in your snazziest rags.
Contestants may sign up the night of the event or beforehand by emailing Brenda Hengel at email@example.com. All contestants need to gather in the second floor Courtroom waiting room by 7 -7:10 p.m. Judges will select contestants from those gathered and 10 finalists will be announced. The contest will then move into the courtroom for final judging beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Deirdre Clemente, historian and curator of 20th century American culture and assistant professor at UNLV
- Debrae Little, longtime costume designer for stars of opera and the stage
- Jen Taler, operating partner, Stitch Factory
- Polly Weinstein, owner, The Jeweler’s Daughter
Cheers to booze!
Join in on our Repeal Day toast with the Big Cheese himself: Former Mayor Oscar Goodman
Boss of the Bars competition
Bartenders from downtown’s swankiest watering holes will be competing to win the Repeal Day Cup in our annual Boss of the Bars contest. Judges include:
- Scott Deitche, award-winning author of Cocktail Noir: From Gangsters and Gin Joints to Gumshoes and Gimlets
- Eric Gladstone, wine and spirits educator and writer with drinkwire.com and sipsavorswallow.com
- Francesco LaFranconi, executive director of mixology and spirits education for Southern Wine & Spirits of Nevada
- Joy Robertson with Food Channel online
- Xania Woodman, Senior Editor Vegas SEVEN Magazine
Sponsors for Repeal Day
Sponsor: Southern Wine & Spirits of Nevada
Silver Sponsors: East West Bank, Las Vegas Review-Journal, Vegas Seven
20% OFF rooms at the Plaza reserved for the night of Saturday, December 5
Want to make a night of it? Mosey on over to the Plaza after our party and get 20% discount on rooms booked ahead of December 5. Book online or call 800.634.6675. Be sure to use the code 20%OFF and, when calling, mention The Mob Museum Repeal Day.
FREE first ride up to $15 for Repeal Day guests using Uber
Get a reliable ride in minutes via Uber.com/app. Sign up with code: REPEALDAY15. For first-time riders only.
Please don’t drink and drive.
Relish, owned by chef and event organizer Jolene Mannina, is serving as Repeal Day caterer and consultant. Born and raised in New Orleans, Mannina developed an unwavering passion of food. Mannina has worked with Commanders Palace, N9NE Steak House and Life is Beautiful. She currently is working with A&E’s newest network FYI on the TV show, “Late Nite Chef Fight.”