February 10-14: Join us as we celebrate our 5th Anniversary
We’ve welcomed more than 1.3 million guests from all 50 states and 36 countries!
Join us to celebrate our 5th Anniversary with five days of events
DAY 1 | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10
- NEW PERMANENT EXHIBIT: Original crime scene evidence from the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. This one-of-a-kind collection includes bullets removed from the bodies of the victims, bullet fragments, cartridge cases, and the original coroner’s documents prepared by Dr. Calvin Goddard, who used pioneering ballistics testing techniques to identify the weapons used in the crime.
- ANNUAL BLOOD DRIVE | 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: United Blood Services Blood Drive, located in the bloodmobile to be parked behind the Museum. Presenting donors receive one free admission.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO DONATE
DAY 2 | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11 | 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Chriss Lyon, author of A Killing in Al Capone’s Playground: The True Story of the Hunt for the Most Dangerous Man Alive.” Wiseguy Speaker Series and book signings at 11 a.m. and again at 1 p.m. Lyon’s book details how the trail of Capone gangster Fred “Killer” Burke, a prime suspect in the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, fled from Chicago to the rural neighborhoods of Southwestern Michigan and Northern Indiana. The book uses never-before published police reports and interviews with family members of key witnesses to demonstrate how organized crime proliferated from the Prohibition Era through the mid-twentieth century, while revealing new information about the capture of Burke, who became the most wanted man in the nation. Free with Museum admission and for Museum Members.
RSVP for the 11 a.m. talk
WATCH THE 11 A.M. TALK
RSVP for the 1 p.m. talk
DAY 3 | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12 | 1 p.m.
If these walls could talk. Panel Discussion: History of The Mob Museum Building with panelists Sam Tolman, architectural project manager, City of Las Vegas; Nancy Deaner, former director of cultural affairs, City of Las Vegas; and Robert Chattel, founder, Chattel, Inc., an historic preservation consulting firm which advised on the restoration of the historic federal building and post office now occupied by the Museum.
RSVP FOR THE PANEL DISCUSSION
WATCH THE PANEL DISCUSSION
DAY 4 | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13 | 7 p.m.
Screening of the 1975 movie, Capone, the life of mobster Al Capone, starring Ben Gazzara, Susan Blakely, Harry Guardino and Sylvester Stallone at 7 p.m.
DAY 5 | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14
- FREE DAY FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS, B1G1 FOR NON-LOCALS | 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.: In recognition of our anniversary, Nevada residents will receive free admission. Buy-One-Get-One admission for non-locals. Proof of Nevada residency required for free admission.
- TOMMY GUN PRESENTATIONS 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.: See the two Tommy guns linked to the Massacre up close and hear the unbelievable story of how they were confiscated from Fred “Killer” Burke’s Michigan home. Lt. Mike Kline from the Berrien County, Michigan, Sheriff’s Office, where the guns are stored, will share the stories behind the capture of the two machine guns. The guns were first positively identified by Dr. Calvin Goddard in December 1929 after investigating many Thompson guns found in the Chicago area. These two guns represent the only guns ever scientifically proven to be part of the 1929 St. Valentine’s Day Massacre.
- BOOK SIGNING WITH AUTHOR CHRISS LYON | noon – 12:30 p.m. and 2 to 2:30 p.m.: Book signing with Chriss Lyon, author of ““A Killing in Al Capone’s Playground: The True Story of the Hunt for the Most Dangerous Man Alive,” in the courtroom.
- No RSVP necessary for Museum events.
- DOWNTOWN 3RD EVENTS AND ENTERTAINMENT: In honor of The Mob Museum’s 5th Anniversary, enjoy live entertainment, prize giveaways, food and beverage offerings available at Downtown Grand, the Commissary, Freedom Beat and Triple George Grill.
5TH ANNIVERSARY FAQ – OTHER QUESTIONS? LET US KNOW!
What if I don’t have my Nevada ID?
If you are a Nevada resident, but do not have your ID with you on February 14, you are welcome to bring a utility bill or other piece of mail with your name and current address in order to be considered a local.
What if I am local, but I bring out of town guests?
Locals will be invited to stand in the “Nevada resident” line to gain free admission, while out-of-town guests will enter the Museum and purchase their buy-one-get-one admission at the box office. Your out of town guests are then welcome to wait with you in line, or start their tour.
How long is my admission good for?
Being a Member is a great way to stay connected to The Mob Museum, and with our Anniversary approaching, now is the perfect time to join! As a member, you have the benefit of visiting the Museum as often as you want for an entire year, which means that you can attend every day of our Anniversary festivities. You will also receive additional discounts in our retail store and at concessions, as well as access to special events and offers.
Because it is our Fifth Anniversary, we have a special $5 off any new membership purchase. Use the code NEWMEMBER17 on our website or by calling 702.724.8619.
Already a member? Renew your current membership today to receive an automatic upgrade to our Premium Membership level. Offers valid through February 14.
The Mob Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with an educational mission to advance the public understanding of organized crime’s history and impact on American society.