Moe-bot Virtual Tour Policies & Procedures
Requesting a Program:
- Let us know two dates you are available to tour the Museum via our Tour Request Form, or if you need assistance, you may email us at email@example.com for help with the booking process.
- Once you have submitted your request, a Museum educator will contact you within 48 hours.
- The Museum is committed to making its collection, buildings, programs, and services accessible to all audiences. For more information about the Museum’s Moe-Bot or to request information for tours for home- or hospital-bound guests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tour Times and Days:
Tours are offered Monday-Saturday. Two tours are available daily, starting at 7:30 a.m. Pacific Time. Must book 14 days in advance.
- Tours last 1.5 hours
- Virtual Tours Include:
- A test call prior to the program to ensure that the connection is viable.
- An e-mailed pre- and post-program activity packet with supporting materials for the program.
$79.99 per tour, includes a one-on-one customized tour with a trained Museum educator for 1.5 hours.
We also invite those who are physically unable to visit the Museum in person to take the Moe-bot virtual tour free of charge.
- Sign up for a tour at least 14 days in advance by filling out the form.
- A Museum staff member will contact you to confirm your tour date (your tour date confirmation is final after you have submitted payment).
- An email invitation will be sent to you to create a Beam account, download the Beam software and view video tutorials on how to operate the robot.
- Complete this step 48 hours before your tour to ensure your settings are adjusted to your liking.
- At least 24 hours before the tour, a Museum educator will make contact with the guest to troubleshoot any problems.
- Immediately following the tour, a survey will be sent to you from a member of our team.
- User must first download the Beam software found in the link sent via email invitation to the tour 24 hours before the tour begins.
- Use either Mac or PC.
- Windows 7 or higher or Macintosh OSX 10.7 or higher.
- High quality web-cam and microphone.
- Mouse or keyboard.
- External speakers or headphones. Headphones are recommended.
- A strong and stable internet connection is necessary.
- The Mob Museum requires payment 48 hours prior to the program.
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of full payment.
- The Museum accepts checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
Moe-Bot” is a BeamPro telepresence robot created by Suitable Technologies.