July 7: 5th Annual Blood Drive with American Red Cross
The Mob Museum is partnering with the American Red Cross to sponsor a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, July 7, at The Mob Museum. The American Red Cross bloodmobile will be located behind the Museum during blood drive hours.
As part of its commitment to the community, the Museum is pleased to offer one free complimentary single admission to each person donating blood on Friday, July 7, at The Mob Museum site. The ticket may be used through December 31, 2017.
Donors are encouraged to make an appointment for the Museum’s blood drive by clicking here and then entering the Sponsor Code: Mob Museum.
The American Red Cross provides the following facts about blood donations:
Volunteer blood and platelet donors across the country are needed to help save lives.
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- ONE pint of blood donated can save up to THREE lives.
- Donations are especially needed during the summer when regular donors are on vacation and schools are out of session.
- Blood and platelets are needed for accident and burn victims, heart surgery and organ transplant patients, and those receiving treatment for leukemia, cancer or sickle cell disease.
- Donated blood is perishable. Red blood cells have a shelf life of only 42 days and platelets just five days, so they must constantly be replenished.
- Blood can be safely donated every 56 days and Power Reds can be donated every 112 days. Platelets can be given every seven days – up to 24 times a year.
- Eligible donors can feel good knowing that by donating through the Red Cross they may be helping patients not only in their community, but also family and friends across the nation.
- The Red Cross provides 10 out of the 14 hospitals in Southern Nevada with their blood supplies.